J. C. Charyk Hanna School Dress Code
Dress codes assist in ensuring that staff and students show respect for themselves and those around them in their learning environment. The Dress Code applies to all functions: i.e. field trips, sporting events, gym class, etc.
We expect students to be reasonably neat and clean and to dress appropriately according to the following guidelines:
1. Undergarments are to be covered (this includes sports bras).
2. Midriffs are to be covered.
3. Revealing clothing is not permitted.
4. Vulgar or disrespectful slogans and graphics are not permitted.
5. Slogans or graphics depicting drug or alcohol products are not permitted.
6. Wet or muddy footwear is not permitted in school.
7. The wearing of caps or headgear is not suggested in the class (teachers may request students remove their cap or headgear and students are required to comply).
8. The school reserves the right to request that a student change dress when it is deemed to be inappropriate.
9. Appropriate footwear is required for Physical Education—no flip flops, sandals or cowboy boots.