Monday August 27th
J.C. Charyk is a Moving Forward with High School Redesign School.
Moving Forward with High School Redesign is grounded in nine foundational principles:
- Mastery Learning
- Rigorous and Relevant Curriculum
- Flexible Learning Environments
- Educator Roles and Professional Development
- Meaningful Relationships
- Home and Community Involvement
- Welcoming, Caring, Respectful and Safe Learning Environment
Each Week during the summer J.C. Charyk Hanna School will share one of the nine principles, through an information sheet put out by Alberta Education. In the fall we will focus on one principles each month during our School Council meetings. Through this process we hope to help parents to feel more informed, and connected to the school.
#1 MASTERY LEARNING -
#2 Rigorous and Relevant Curriculum -
#4 Flexible Learning Environments
#6 Meaningful Relationships
#7 Home and Community Involvement